Housing Applications will be accepted online anytime or at the office Monday thru Thursday (6:00 am - 4:30 pm). Our office is closed for lunch daily from 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm.
Please be sure to bring and place your completed application in the dropbox or email.
The following documents must be submitted along with your completed application:
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Birth Certificates for all household members
- Proof of all income
- Louisiana Photo IDs for all adult household members
All adult household members must sign additional documentation (background check, rental history, etc.)
Important information to consider before you apply:
- To be QUALIFY for admission to public housing an applicant must:
- Be a family as defined in MHA's Admission and Continued Occupancy Policy.
- Meet the HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status
- Have ANNUAL INCOME at the time of admission that does not exceeds the income limits established by HUD posted in PHA office.
- PROVIDE MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, for all family members, Louisiana State ID, Proof of Income (SUCH AS; 4 CURRENT CHECK STUBS, AWARD LETTER FROM SS, CHILD SUPPORT FINANCIAL SUMMARY, TANF, DISABILITY, UNEMPLOYMENT, SNAP BENEFITS, CHILD CARE AND ALL ITEMS AND SOURCES OF INCOME MUST BE REPORTED)
- MUST BE ABLE TO HAVE THE UTILITIES ON IN THE HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD NAME (CLECO & ATMOS)
- Complete application will be entered on the waiting list in the order received. The waiting list will be sorted by unit type and size.
- Application will be accepted by mail or bring the application into the office only. Send to the following address: Mansfield Housing Authority, P.O. Box 1020 Mansfield, LA 71052
- Be sure to provide your complete address and current telephone numbers where you can be contacted to schedule and application interview.
- All documents submitted to the MHA is the property of the housing authority and will not be given out and documentation is under the federal privacy act.
- The information given to the Mansfield Housing Authority is accurate and complete to the best of the applicant 's knowledge and applicant understand the questions on this application and that false statement or misrepresentation of income or family composition is fraud and that can affect your tenancy to the public housing program.
- All emergency cases MUST be verifiable with a complete report of fire, abuse or etc. attached to the application pictures if available.
- Establish legal guardians or P.O.A. Must have COURT Documents
- If acting as an applicants representative you must have power of attorney.
- MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE